CASHEW-CASSAVA: PERFECT AGRO-INVESTMENT PACKAGE FOR ABSENTEE FARMERS
1.1 PROJECT LOCATION: Ogbomosho, Oyo State
1.2 PROJECT OBJECTIVES
- To use cassava as an alternative source of income generation before cashew matures
- To recoup the cost of investment within one year.
- To make investment easily accessible and affordable.
Limitation may not necessarily be due to lack of knowledge but also LACK OF IMAGINATION. After considering several reasons while a lot of people run from capital intensive project like CASHEW CULTIVATION, we observe that a critical factor is inability to see beyond what is presently obtainable.
Due to this factor, we came up with means of recouping at least 70% of your investment in the first year, such that the investment will be worthwhile and be a good one considering the fact that MUCH OF YOUR TIME IS NOT TAKING AWAY from you.
Cassava, being often referred to as FARMER’S GAINbecause it does compensate for efforts at the end of the farming season (a period of 8 -12 months), is capable of yielding between 5-10 TONS OF TUBERSPER ACRE at the end of this period.
Cashew cultivation is done with a spacing that allows INTER-CROPPING, and a crop like cassava will do very well without affecting the growth of the cashew tree.
1.4 WHY YOU SHOULD INTERCROP CASHEW WITH CASSAVA
- You Would Be Maximizing the Cost Spent on LandPreparation i.e. the same clearing you will do while preparing for cashew cultivation will serve for cassava cultivation too. No additional expenses but additional potential income.
- Little Time Requirement for Monitoring: Unlike crops like maize, vegetables and cowpea, CASHEW and CASSAVA do not require much time in management and can be embarked upon by any working class person.
- Little Capital Requirement for Inter-cropping: An acre of cassava farm will only require 24 bundles of stem which is ₦500 per bundle.
- Cassava canguaranteeabout 50-150% of Investment on Cashew Plantation in One Year: This has been proven over the years.
1.5 YIELD ANALYSIS ON AN ACRE OF CASHEW AND CASSAVA
|Year||Task on Farm||Yield per cashew tree||Yield per acre
In kg (10m by 10m) 40 trees
|Yield on Cassava
|1||Cultivation of cashew and Cassava intercropping||Zero yield on cashew but optimal yield on other crop (cassava)||Zero yield on cashew but optimal yield on other crops (cassava)||About 5-10tons|
|2||Cashew maintenance and Cassava intercropping||Zero yield on cashew but optimal yield on other crop (cassava)||Zero yield on cashew but optimal yield on other crop. (cassava)||About 5-10tons|
|3||Cashew maintenance and Cassava intercropping||1- 2kg||40-80kg||About 5-10tons|
|4||Cashew Maintenance||3- 8kg||120-320kg|
|6||Cashew Maintenance||15- 22kg||600-880kg|
|7||Cashew Maintenance (Tinning of half of the tree)||16- 25kg||280-1000kg|
|9||Cashew Maintenance||26- 32kg||1040-1280kg|
|11||30 and above||1200kg and above|
Note: We can put the average sales price of raw cashew nut at 500,000naira per ton
A ton of cassava sells between 20,000naira to 50,000naira (depending on the prevailing price of cassava at harvest)
- A cashew tree consistently produce fruits for over 50 years
1.6 Quotation of Setting up An Acre of Cashew-Cassava Plantation
|10m by 10m spacing per acre (40 trees)||Setting Up Cassava per acre|
|Cost of land lease for 20years||100,000||—–|
|Cost of clearing with bulldozer||50,000||—–|
|Packing and burning||5,000||——|
|Second Plow or Ridge||8,000||_____|
|Purchasing of 50 treated hybrid seedlings or seeds @ 170naira each||8,500||(Cassava stem ) 12,000|
|Planting and pegging||35,000||(Planting) 7,000|
|Weeding/Weed management (all through the year)||40,000||——-|
The Grand Total of setting up ONE ACRE of cassava-cashew plantation is 275,500naira only.
1.7 INVESTMENT PLAN OPTION:
- Partnership In 1,000acres Cashew and Cassava Plantation: In this plan, you can be leased aminimum 20acres block of cashew-cassava plantation for a renewable period of 20years.
- Special Feature: With 75% initial payment, the entire plantation will be set up in your name and the rest to be paid immediately after completion of farm set up
- Management fee: Either of the following ways could be chosen to pay for the management fee based on your convenience.
- 20% of the cassava harvest per year.
- A monthly payment of
#15,000 for 10acres,
#25,000 for 20acres,
#40,000 for 50 acres,
#60,000 for 100acres
1.8 THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT
Farm Manager: To effectively meet the needs of the busy investors, we have several arrangement for the management of your farm:
- We can help you hire a competent farm manager that will report directly to you.
- We can also help in training your farm manager in any other area of competence that may be needed with time.
- We can also provide oversight function on your farm and give recommendation if needed.
Fulani Herdsmen Invasion: As it has been our practice in any private farm settlement we set up, we always have a working arrangement with the host community, the herdsmen inclusive. This has helped manage the situation properly.
Security: Your farm will be located closely to other farms and also with the availability of the farm manager, this should not be a concern. We also have a good working relationship with the law enforcement agencies and other local vigilante groups within the community.
1.9 HOW TO START YOUR INVESTMENT
Make a decision on the package you want and
- Put a call to Hastom Global Services Limited on +2348163013001, 08123235949 or send a mail to [email protected]
- Make arrangement for a site tour if you desire to see before you buy into it.
2.0 DOCUMENT THAT FOLLOWS LAND ACQUISITION
Buying into this investment package means you are acquiring the land on lease required which has already been covered in the cost of investment stated above (refer to 1.6.). The following document will be received in the course of transaction;
- A receipt duly signed from Hastom Global Services Limited.
- A deed of transfer prepared either by investor’s lawyer or Hastoms’ (paid for by the investor).