FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
– HOW PROFITABLE IS BEEF IN THE MARKET?
Beef is the most commonly consumed meat in Nigeria, currently about 3.6 million cattle are slaughtered annually in Nigeria and 360,000 tons of beef consumed per year. Lagos alone slaughters over 6000 cattle daily with business persons conveying cattle to Lagos from the North making as much as 7 million naira per trip. The combined value of the cattle and beef Industry is $200 billion; this insinuates that beef has a ready-made market, coupled with fact that cattle can be used for many purposes including meat, milk, leather and labor.
– WHY INVESTING IN CATTLE
✓ To localize revenue generated from Cattle farming
✓ Cattle farming is the most profitable part of livestock farming, due to its ready-made market.
✓ Cattle has high feed to meat ratio of any livestock.
✓ Cattle are resilient with the lowest livestock mortality rate.
– WHAT IS THE READINESS OF THE SELLING MARKET? HOW QUICKLY DO THE COWS GET SOLD?
Beef has a ready-made market of its own, and is just a call away.
ABOUT CATTLE INVESTMENT PLAN
– WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I GET AFTER PAYMENT?
A Memorandum of Understanding duly signed, together with any other legal documents as deemed by your Lawyer
– HOW MANY COWS CAN BE INVESTED IN?
Minimum of 1 cow and maximum of 500 cows
– HOW MUCH IS IT PER COW?
An average sized cow cost 80,000 naira which includes transportation fee and other logistics.
– WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE INVESTMENT?
As the price of cow doubles every 12 months, the investment runs for a cycle of only 12 months, after which the Cycle can be repeated based on the decision of the Investor to continue if not satisfied yet with the size of the cow.
– WHAT IS THE COST OF REARING AFTER THE INITIAL 12 MONTHS?
Same cost as the initial 12 months will be repeated.
– DOES THE REARING COST REDUCE FOR AN INVESTMENT OF MORE THAN ONE COW?
It is at a fixed rate and constant, the more the cow, the more the work and inputs.
– WHERE WILL THE CATTLE BE CATERED FOR?
Hastom Nigeria has a private grazing land that can comfortably house over 1000 cattle, with streams and dependable water sources, which is located at Baba Eko Village, Oriire local government, Oyo state.
– WHO ARE THE PEOPLE BEING USED TO CATER FOR THE CATTLE?
We have our own highly experienced team, with various specialties on cattle rearing.
– WHO DECIDES WHAT IS TO BE DONE WITH THE COW?
The decision of what to do with the cattle is 100% yours, at full maturity of your cattle, you can sell the cattle yourself or we help sell if you want us to, however Hastom Nigeria owns 6.5% stake of every stock committed to our care.
– WHAT KIND OF CATTLE IS ACCEPTED?
Both Bull (male) and Cow (Female) are accepted for rearing.
– IS THE COST OF A MALE COW THE SAME AS A FEMALE COW?
Yes, the cost of rearing and management are the same.
– IN THE ADVENT OF THE DEATH OF THE CATTLE, WHAT BECOMES OF THE INVESTMENT
All cattle will be insured by our Special Cattle Protection Plan, 2% fee will be deducted from every investment to cater for this insurance.
– WHAT MEASURES DO YOU HAVE IN PLACE TO PROTECT MY INVESTMENT?
1. We have an insurance set up in place, in case of any sudden occurrence
2. Your cattle will be placed alongside other cattle to form a pack, which of course increases the rate of security.
3. The ranch itself is totally secured and located in peaceful environment.
– WHAT IS THE GUARANTEE THAT THIS INVESTMENT IS NOT A FLY BY NIGHT BUSINESS?
We assure you that this is a 100% venture that we are committed to achieving. Hastom Nigeria is a registered Limited Liability Company and has been in the agricultural business for as long as 8 years. We have been in the cattle rearing business for a while and have assisted people in rearing cows; we just came up with this idea to accommodate people who are interested in our short term business. We are also known for our other successful investment packages such as our Cashew-Cassava Investment Plan and Yam Investment Package, as well as other agricultural activities such as sale of farmlands amongst others.
– DOES THE INVESTMENT INVOLVE A CALF OR AN AVERAGE CATTLE
We have a size that we deal in and buy, and if the Calves are brought by investors themselves, we check them if they meet the required size. In case a baby calf is brought, it would be alongside the mother cow for easy nurturing.
– WHAT IF THE FEMALE COW GIVES BIRTH?
So long the mother cow is present; we rear to maturity alongside the mother for the cycle period of the 12 months
– IS THE MANAGEMENT FEE OF A NEW CALF SAME AS THAT OF A MATURED ONE?
Yes, it is the same.
– HOW LONG IS THE TURNAROUND TIME? WHAT IS THE DURATION TO FULL SIZE OF THE CATTLE BEFORE THEY ARE SOLD?
The investment runs on a normal cycle of 12 months, because some investors cannot wait long enough to cash out. Of course the Cow would have doubled in size to when it was initially bought and will be sold based on its size. But an investor can decide and how long and is open to repeat the cycle owing to the level of maturity and size of the cow.
– WHAT IS THE EXPECTED PROFIT?
Total cost – 114,500.00
Project Revenue – 160,000.00
Projected profit – 45,500.00
Hastom Admin Fee 6.5% – 10,400.00
Total Net Projected Profit – 35,100.00
– WHAT HAPPENS IF AT THE END OF MY 8-12 MONTHS INVESTMENT, YOU STILL HAVEN’T SOLD ALL MY CATTLE?
We have a ready-made market for this, and as soon as it reaches time, they will be duly sold. Arrangement has also been made for buyers to come to the ranch to buy directly and in even in the presence of the investor if they so request, and also we also allow Investor to take charge of the cow if they so wishes as it is their own property.
– WHAT OTHER MEASURES ARE BEING PUT IN PLACE TO IMPROVE THE INVESTMENT?
We are already in talks with companies like WAMPCO towards a partnership on artificial insemination and diary.
– WHAT IS THE MODE OF OPERTION
There will be a Memorandum of Agreement stating every details as well as the terms and conditions and will serve as what guides both parties in the joint venture.
– WHO PROVIDES THE COW?
You bring your cow or we help you buy a good breed for rearing.
– WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CASE OF A FEMALE COW?
In the case of Female cow, we own 6.5% of the calf after each birth of the mother cow, what becomes or is to be done with the Calf thereafter is decided by the Investor.
– THE 6.5% IS FROM THE WORTH OF THE COW AND DIFFERENT FROM THE REARING COST?
HOW MANY CALVES DO THEY GIVE BIRTH TO AVERAGELY?
Just one calf annually, but two on rear occasions.
– WHEN DOES THE INVESTMENT TAKE EFFECT
7 days after payment and signing of the Memorandum of Agreement.
– HOW IS THE PAYMENT MODE?
All payments are to be made upfront
– IN THE ADVENT OF THE PURCHASE OF THE INVESTED COW, WHO HANDLES THE TRANSPORTAION?
The purchase price for the cow includes the cost of transportation and other logistics fees.
– HOW CAN AN INVESTOR GET ON BOARD?
You can start by sending a notification of interest to [email protected] , after which details of the package will be sent to you. Having accepted and consenting to the terms and arrangement of the plan, a memorandum of understanding will be signed following an upfront payment.
– HAVE PEOPLE SIGNED UP FOR THIS IN THE PAST?
We have been in the cattle business for a while and have had course to work with people
and rear their cattle. This investment idea is a new development put in place by Hastom
Nigeria. It is a New Joint Venture set up to allow more people to benefit from the goldmine in the cattle business. As such this investment commences on the 14th of January 2019.
ABOUT HASTOM NIGERIA
WHAT IS HASTOM NIGERIA ALL ABOUT?
Hastom Global Services Limited is an agricultural real estate company with the main objective of maximizing the potentials of agriculture. Our interests include;
1. Acquisition and sales of farmlands
3. Crop and livestock farming
5. Commodity trading
– IS HASTOM NIGERIA A REGISTERED COMPANY AND DO THEY HAVE A LOCATION?
Yes, Hastom Global Services is a registered company, and is located at Suite 18, Ajagungbade complex, High court road, Ogbomosho, Oyo state.
– WHAT OTHER INVESTMENT DOES HASTOM NIGERIA RUN?
1. Cashew-Cassava Investment
2. Yam Investment and other agricultural services.
– WHAT IS YOUR CAC NUMBER