YAM INVESTMENT PLAN
The amazing possibilities in the world of agriculture is immense and the onus lies on us to maximize same to the fullest. A quick glance at the statistical performance of yam in correlation to other countries of the world would definitely spike an interest in every business minded investor. Nigeria currently produces the largest quantity of yam in the world with her production pegged at 66.9% put around 44.1million tons per annum. It is on this platform that we have been threading at Hastom and being an organization with great plans for the agricultural sector, we have developed a yam investment project with a million heaps of yam as the target to accommodate as many intending investors as possible having test-run the production on our vast expanse of arable lands in Ogbomosho, Oyo State. Below is a breakdown of the plans and processes including the cost implications and financial projections.
1.2 PROJECT LOCATION: Hastom Green City, Baba Eko Village, along Igbeti Road, Ogbomosho, Oyo State.
1.3 PROJECT OBJECTIVES
- To give a profitable platform for those with interest in agriculture to invest in same.
- To eliminate the worries of personal farm management for busy professionals.
- To assist people in minimizing risks on personal farms.
- To encourage agro-tourism.
- To help small scale farmers pull resource together to control a fair market share.
- To offer minimum 30% return on investment at the end of the investment life cycle of 10months.
1.4 PROJECT TARGET:This is a million yam (1,000,000)heap project
- This will be a one-planting season project and can be reviewed and renewed after harvest for continuity, solely at the discretion of the investor.
- The harvest or payment of investor will be at the end of the project cycle.
- There is no limit to how much investment can be made by the investors.
- There is provision for memorandum of agreement for both parties to sign off on.
- Returns on investment will be based on projected yield and projected market price.
- Investors are free to walk into the farm at any time to make enquiries on things that bothers them.
- The total proposed budget covers all that is required for smooth running of the farm all through the project cycle.
- There is provision for tracking the progress of the farm on the website for status report that would be updated on a monthly basis.
- There will be a return of 30% profit on investment made.
1.4.3 Risk Management Plan
Hastom Foods and Farms Limited has the following plans to curtail any form of risk.
- Security:Hastom Green city has left no stone unturned with respect to security of every resource in our custody. We have resident security guards on regular patrol to prevent invasion by thieves or cattle.
- Harvest Management: A major concern of large scale farmers is how to sell their products. Our plan includes selling to a list of identified big markets in Lagos and selling in batches to an open market if the price at favorable market prices.
- Insurance: Extreme cases have been considered which include pest issues, price instability and security issues. Adequate provisions have been made for this in the budgetary allocations and the projections for return on investment.
- HASTOM’S COMMITMENT
- Coordinate the purchase of improved varieties of yam set for planting.
- Coordinate all forms of resources in cultivation of the yam farmland for the project cycle.
- Coordinate the marketing and sales of farm produce.
- Payment of the invested fund and the 30% profit after ten (10) months.
1.5 INVESTOR’S COMMITMENT
- Choice of the number of heaps to be invested in.
- Making the expected financial commitment.
- Keep date with time and expect the payment of returns.
1.6 MANAGEMENT FEE
Hastom Global Services Limited will be charging only 40% of the profit to guarantee effective management.
|Activity||Cost per heap(₦)||Minimum slots(500 heaps) (₦)|
|LAND CLEARING/HEAP MAKING||30||15,000|
|INVESTORS 30% ROI||50.1||25,050|
|PROJECTED REVENUE FOR INVESTOR (Capital + 30% profit)||217.1||108,550|
1.8 INVESTMENT PLAN OPTION:
The investment cost per heap is 167 naira and the minimum heaps that can subscribed to is five hundred heaps which is eighty-three thousand, five hundred naira only (83,500 Naira).This is to accommodate everyone however small he/she would want to start. There is however provision for an investor to increase his/her investment worth.
1.9 HOW TO BE A PART OF THE PROJECT?
- Request for the account details and make your financial commitment.
- Request for your receipt and a memorandum of understanding for the project.
- You can also schedule a visit to the farm.
- Who are we?
Hastom Global Services Limited is an agricultural real estate company with the main objective of maximizing the potentials of agriculture. Our interests includes;
- Acquisition and sales of farmlands
- Crop and livestock farming.
- Commodity trading
OFFICE LOCATION: Suite 18, Ajagungbade complex, High court road, Ogbomosho, Oyo state.
FARM ADDRESS: Hastom Green City, Baba Eko Village, Oriire local government, Oyo state.
1.9.2 Why invest with us?
- We are a renowned operational base with a track record that is second to known in agricultural investment.
- We present to you an opportunity for multiple streams of income without having to bother about the drudgery of the farming world.
- We have done similar projects before.
- We have a wide audience online and our identity can be verified.
- Your return as an investor is guaranteed as everyone goes home smiling at the end of the project cycle.