The election season is here, along with the interesting events and happenings that comes with it, the usual transfer window events, Parties signing new members as politicians continue the common habit of jumping from one party to another, the sweet talks, the promises and also the goodies that comes along with the election season. You will agree with me that the publicity and awareness of this election seems overwhelming than the previous ones, mostly thanks to our beloved Pastors and religious leaders. Did you get your PVC though? It’s very important you have gotten it, you will discover how much control you have with your PVC, well at least for this Pre-Election period though, can’t say for later, and don’t just get it for getting it sake, VOTE! That way you can legitimately complain, if the aftermath isn’t favorable, don’t get me wrong, and I’m not being pessimistic.
Having admonishing as I’m obligated to do as a Patriotic Citizen that I am, lets speak about the ‘later’ that you don’t have control over. In spite of the overwhelming awareness, you can’t but admit that “This is Nigeria”, you can’t possibly say what’s going to happen, promises for one is not something you can hold any politician accountable for judging from the obvious. And so while we sincerely hope that the awareness can have a positive effect into birthing in new leadership that this country needs (that’s me being optimistic), I think it’s safe to say that we citizens also should not get our hopes too high into putting our future in the hands of any politician. Experiences should have taught us enough that you shouldn’t have to wait for any politician, when you can actually secure yourself irrespective of what happens up there. Waiting for any politician is just like waiting for Godot, if you know what I mean. Vision 2020 is a popular example for one, it’s safe to say vision 2020 is probably a lost cause now, and I begin to wonder if there was any vision in the first place though, probably the person who said he received the vision was from Yabaleft.
Bottom line is this, This is Nigeria, secure yourself, do whatever you can with what you have, where you are – INVEST for the hay days. It’s the only security you can give yourself, your insurance against whatever might be thrown at you in the aftermath of the election. INVEST NOW.
And what better way to invest than investing in a business that isn’t affected by what happens up there – NO INFLATION, NO DEPRECIATION, instead constant increase in your ROI over the years, and you are secured for at least 50 years. Isn’t that fantastic, that way you have control over your own affairs and not some politicians. Hastom Nigeria’s Cashew – Cassava Investment plan is just the perfect breakaway plan for you.
The time is NOW, the Election Season is here, and the time to secure yourself is NOW! With our Cashew – Cassava Investment, take the remote control off that politician and be in charge.
Since inception of agriculture over 10,000 years ago, human labour has been the key component in the cultivation of crops and animals breeding. Constraints were inability of human labour to capacitate food production level needed to sustain the ever rising population. We have insufficient number of farmers thus couldn’t help food scarcity as production demands are more than the available human power.
At a time, native contract-farmers(egede people) were contacted, they were very strong people and could work for long hours. They were tireless workers who had the power of 3 people. It was going well until they became excessively demanding. They demanded food, clothing and shelter than necessary. And it came to an abrupt halt.
Nowadays, farm machinery and implements have come to stay making farming, easier. It made a reduction in drudgery, called for effective and efficient farming. It is very easy to purchase implements and machinery in the market. It’s very hard to choose the best. Trust me you don’t want to buy a tractor that you keep maintaining every week. You don’t wanna sell it off six months after you bought it. You’re wondering if you don’t have to spend on farm machinery right after purchase, No, I didn’t say so. Even human beings need maintenance. But when you have prior knowledge about of the necessary costs, you won’t be ignorant and spend unnecessarily.
There are four main costs to incur in farm machinery;
First few years of ownership often have a warranty that covers repair costs at a start. But as time goes on when warranty is over, reality sets in. You start to pay for your costs, yourself.
1) Machinery cost: Making the best management decisions starts with the knowledge of the purchase of effective and efficient machinery. High cost doesn’t necessarily mean the best, low cost doesn’t too. The best way is to purchase in accordance with quality. You will need the advice of experts to buy right. They’ll carefully give you the advantages, disadvantages, care and precautions in each type.
2) Operational cost: These costs are not fixed, they vary in accordance with use, level of maintenance, machine type and age. Engine size, load, operating speed, field conditions determine fuel and lubrication costs of farm machinery.
3) Labour cost: Quality and availability of labour is to be considered important in efficient machinery management. Unless you will operate your machinery yourself, you’ll need an operator. Labour costs major in machinery operations thus calls for accountability. Cost of labour vary with accordance to operations and size of machinery and if you’re on hire purchase. Level of proficiency differs from operator to operator. How then do you determine which operator is the best? Agro-Consultancy services will simply bail you out.
4) Ownership cost: Most farmers would love to own their machineries other than hire purchase. It is recommended that you opt for custom hire when you need a piece of equipment for a specific job, more capacity for a limited period or a new type of equipment without making a long-term capital investment. Ownership costs start from depreciation, capital in investment, insurance to housing. Depreciation talks about the loss in value when it’s being used or not. In other terms, depreciation begins right after phase.
In conclusion, keeping repair records will help you keep budget so you know when you’re running on excessive costs. To save the stress, you can go on hire purchase or seek expert’s advice before buying.
Yes, we’ve talked about the cost, don’t you think we should go over safety precautions and care? We would go over them, below:
1. Ensure to adjust equipment accordingly.
2. Ensure you read up about equipment safety.
3. Ensure you keep children and animals away from working areas.
4. Ensure you are aware of the environment.
5. Ensure you dress appropriately.
At Hastom Nigeria, we specialize in sales and hire of farm machinery and equipments. We provide for a stress-free machinery operation for efficiency and effectiveness.
Over the past couple of weeks, discussion on The Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) has been the talk of town. More so, the reluctance of the Nigerian Government in agreeing with the concord stirred waves in the air. The agreement was signed by majority of African Head of States at the summit held in Kigali, Rwanda between 17th– 21st of March, 2018. Its main goal is to create a single market followed by free movement and an African single currency. As at July 2019, fifty-four (54) African countries had consented to the trade agreement with Eriteria as an exception.
Now that you have a basic understanding of what AfCFTA is all about. It is only right to dive into what its objectives are.
The following are the objectives of AfCFTA;
- To significantly reduce the rate of unemployment in African countries by creating thousands of job opportunities for African youths.
- To cause productive competition in initiatives, businesses and industries by taking advantages of opportunities for market access and increase in productivity.
- To enlarge intra African Trade through harmonization of Trade standards and removal of Trade barriers.
- To create a single continental market for goods and services with free movement of businessmen and investment, this inadvertently would lead to the successful establishment of the continental customs union and African Customs Union.
- To bolster the continent’s stagnant economy by strengthening intra-African trade and supply chains.
You might be wondering “how does this really work?” Here is how it does;
- African countries that are signatories would have to reduce trade tariffs and import quotas amidst one another.
- There is a need for each country to have the same tariff with the outside world and a reduced or no tariff between African countries.
- Establishment of a single market which involves free movement of goods, services and other resources with zero tariff and quota between participating countries.
- The adoption of a unifying single currency and establishment of a political union comes after further integration.
However, despite the numerous derivable benefits of AfCFTA, there are obstacles inhibiting the successful implementation of this free trade agreement. Part of which are the following:
- The unwillingness of African countries to trade amongst themselves at the expense of trading with foreign countries.
- Poor railway lines and roads, corruption, strict border controls, violence and diseases pose an imminent danger to a free trade area.
- The sheer size of Africa is also a notable problem.
However, the aforementioned challenges are surmountable if the following measures are implemented by the participating countries
- Safety measures to counter the problems, having efficient security to combat miscreants, construction of new roads and repair of old railway lines.
- Anti-corruption practices, laws and regulation should be implemented.
- With free movement comes the increased risk of transmitted diseases across borders of countries, strong disease-surveillance system can go a long way.
- Establishment of monitoring agencies in participating countries to ensure smooth implementation of the trade agreement.
Behold a new dawn for Africa! Here comes a wonderful time for our dear motherland; Nigeria, as we extend more arms of businesses to our kinsmen in neighboring African countries. We had never exercised our power, strength and potential as a continent all these while. AfCFTA present a perfect opportunity to exploit the untapped horizon.
Here you go motherland, a better future ahead!
Research carried out by the United States department of Agriculture recorded the lifespan of cattle to be 25 years as of 1995 but presently the average lifespan of a cattle is between 10-15 years as most cows suffer from lameness and other painful conditions that are consequences of poor welfare. If you ask me, I’m convinced cattle rearing is a good business, a profitable one I mean, be it for beef production or dairy cattle. Many had ventured into cattle business and a lot are still considering it. But trust me, the cattle business may just be another nightmare if the welfare of the cattle (handling, transport, vaccination and so forth) is not put into consideration, regardless of the system of production. Be it through broad acre grazing or intensive lots, the owners/managers have a duty of care to ensure that the basic needs of the animals are met. Those basic needs include;
- Sufficient feed and water.
- Appropriate living conditions (housing).
- Appropriate handling during transportation.
- Protection from injury or diseases and treatment if required.
- Opportunity for cattle to display normal behavioral patterns.
These are core basis for expertise rearing of cattle which we would be looking into. Why should I read further when I already know the basic needs? This is probably the question on your mind now. Of course, having read the above listed gives you an idea but not the full knowledge on how cattle welfare can increase productivity and maximize your profit, thus the saying “little knowledge is no knowledge at all”. So stay with me and let’s learn together.
- SUFFICIENT FEED AND WATER– Sufficient feed and water claps at feed and water in the right proportion. Correct feed formulation will save cattle from malnutrition, dysentia and diseases. Please, follow through this story to understand what I am talking about.
Mr. Mutiu, a security guard at a reputable organization has his retirement in about a year, with loads of responsibilities as the man of the house; he decided to engage in a business that can take care of his needs after retirement. Mr. Mutiu gathered his savings to invest in cattle, prior to his little knowledge in cattle rearing. He bought three calves, built them a pen behind his house near a very bushy area. He feeds his cattle with the leftover he gathers from the neighborhood, with the dirtiest water from streams and sometimes the cattle drink from stagnant water. Due to his demanding job as a security guard, he has little time to take care of the cattle. One day he found one of his cattle with black liquid coming from his eyes which he regarded as “cattle cry”, little did he know that the cattle has a disease from the water he feeds them with. Few days later, the cattle died. He was devastated and felt so sad, he has six months to retirement. He mourned his cattle like a child and got quite ill that he took some days off from work. Two months and some days later, his wife came running into his room to inform him one of the two cows was found dead, it was been bitten by a snake. A bad thing to befall a man uhn? While it can be regarded as hard luck, I would say Mr. Mutiu killed his investment with ignorance. Okay, before the story I was talking about feed and water being given in the right proportion, we do not want our cattle to cry like Mr. Mutiu said, we should be conscious of the feed and water given to our cows. Cattle feed requirement include protein, minerals, vitamins, their feed stuff include grains, oilseeds and roughages. Healthy grazing areas is important, good source of water should be available, in the right proportion (Dry cows-70litres/day, lactating cows-90litres/day, weaner calf-55litres/day). However, as your cattle should not be underfed or overfed, some herders are so concerned about the cattle’s size that they overfeed them. Over feeding a cow may cause bloating, a health condition in livestock characterized by an accumulation of excessive gas in the stomach.
- APPROPRIATE LIVING CONDITIONS (HOUSING)-Provision of proper and conducive housing guarantees good health, comfort and protection from inclement (rough) weather. Do you remember Mr. Mutiu? His cattle got bitten by a snake because of the location of his paddock, a very bushy area. Selection of site for cattle rearing requires the following consideration;
- Soil: The soil must be suitable for strong foundation; loamy soils are best suited for building construction of the paddock.
- Availability of land: There should be a vast area to construct all building and should give way to future expansion of farm, at least 2-3 Acres is required for 200cows accommodation.
- Drainage system: Proper drainage of rain and subsoil of water should be provided to keep the environment clean and protect the paddock from dampness
- Protection from noise and other disturbances: The paddock or farm site should be away from noise producing area. Noise is found to affect the animal production
- HANDLING DURING TRANSPPORTATION
Having bought a cow/calf from market, you need to ensure adequate and safe transportation from the market to your farm. You might be wondering, does transporting cattle require special care? Yes, it does. You do not want the cattle stressed or hurt before getting to your destination. Earlier this year, the attention of the ministry of health and the local government authority of Ikwerre was called to a case of dead cows being slaughtered at an abattoir in Ikwerre local government, Port Harcourt. During the investigation, it was gathered that the truck used for transporting the Cattle from Mubi, Adamawa state had fault which caused delay during transportation, as such the cattle were affected by heat ,some were sold on the way and others which were reported to be dead was taken to the abattoir. You should also know that cattle that are de-horned, young calves, suckling calf, adult bulls, and female in advanced stages of pregnancy should each be transported separately and not together, some will say “sheybi cattle na cattle”. You do not want to join people in making that mistake; therefore it requires special knowledge and skill when transporting cattle.
Few of the things to be considered include;
- The size and design of the transport vehicle should be compatible with the number of stock being transported
- The stock rate should be well designed so as to minimize bruising
- Calves should not be transported in a car booth or too tight area
- The vehicle must be in good condition so as to avoid delay during transportation.
- VACCINATION/AND TREATMENT IF REQUIRED
This aspect of cattle rearing requires expert handling as you may need the help of a veterinary personnel. Success or failure on rearing calves depends on the ability of owner/manager to react promptly to the calves’ numerous signals. Cattle herders should be sensitive when handling cow as many as potential problems could be picked. Each day, to look for signs of diseases, look quickly over each paddock, check the nose for dampness and ear for temperature and note that healthy cows should be separated from sick ones to prevent infection. Also the cows should be vaccinated when necessary, pre- calving vaccines for cows should be given 6-8 weeks and a second dose a month prior to calving. Heifers should be vaccinated 30-60 days prior to breeding as vaccinating less than 30 days will cause inflammation in the ovaries. To also prevent diseases, the calves should be dewormed regularly.
These are few out of the basic needs of cattle as there are still lots to know about but then wait till our next blog post for more. As a small scale cattle farmer, how do I have access to these things? I don’t even have the money to build a conducive paddock let alone employing a veterinary personnel, what’s this talk about feed in the right proportion when am not feeding well? I have just a cow, why do I bother myself so much about good source of water? These are questions you may be asking yourself right now. Stress no further, Hastom Nigeria is here to see to those basic needs of your cattle, with just little money, you can be a part of our cattle investment plan, you can bring your cattle or we help you buy a good breed for rearing, for full details about the plan, send a notification of interest to us [email protected] or put a call through to 08163013001.
Days ago, the Internet screamed at the throb of the initiative that will soon blow over our nation, Nigeria. Different opinions, wide perspectives and claims arose at the decision made by the federal Government. Just like that comes RUGA and it keeps spreading like wild fire but today weve received news that RUGA is suspended. While many claimed it is a source of ethnical domination, some said its a sort of islamization while others accepted it as ease and comfort on the part of citizens. Not to condemn or condole one, we would be going through the whole concept of RUGA.
WHAT IS RUGA ALL ABOUT?
RUGA (cattle settlements in Hausa language) is an initiative meant to curb insecurity and incessant clashes between farmers and herders through expanding cattle rearing from northern states to the other parts of Nigeria. It involves organizing cattle settlements into a secluded environment with provision of amenities like hospitals, vet clinics, schools, road networks and manufacturing facilities to refine and process animal products for dealers in each sector of animal husbandry. Before suspension 12 states out of 36 already subscribed to RUGA even amidst clouded skies, this totals one-third of the countrys population.
WHILE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES INCLUDE;
To avoid conflict issues between cattle herders and farmers in case of animals invading and destroying farm crops on farmlands.
To avoid wandering of cattle for feeding reasons which later result to drastic drain of energy and the feed consumed.
To provide infrastructures that will improve the life of nomadic farmers.
To provide employment opportunities and economic boost in the states that subscribed.
To provide green pastures with high quality and hygiene needed for effective growth.
To provide security and stability in pastoral farming.
THE GOVERNMENT STANDS; Below are the said proclaims declared public by the Federal Government even though it caused a wave of disagreement and grievances within citizens. Lets go.
RUGA is not limited to cattle herders alone but animal farmers too, as beneficiaries.
Federal Government propose to curb open grazing in animals to avoid conflicts, reduce the threats and insecurity to farmers and herders through the initiative.
It is an economic project aimed at jobs creation for citizens that wishes to key in the project.
Government insists that its not an imposing act on the citizens but interested states with land to spare.
Government states that RUGA will make life comfortable and increase financial capability in citizens of the volunteer states.
COMMUNAL STANDS; Several communities in our beloved Nigeria have rose to state their protests and resolve towards the RUGA initiative. We have them, below:
Communities across the south ( south-south, south west, south east etc) declined the initiative (RUGA) being active in their lands, they further proclaim that any governor of their state that buys into the idea is working towards the backwardness of his people.
Calabar inhabitants (south east) further insist that they could buy their pastures with the trucks they used to in selling cows to them as their lands their insufficient and they could not afford to spare.
Dismay resulting from previous attacks in the history of fulanis couldnt allow them to accept RUGA into the lands.
Communities insists that RUGA is a form of discreetly planned islamization, colonization and domineering, ethnic domination using political strategies.
Communities insists that RUGA will further provoke more conflicts other than resolution.
Have you thought about the possible influence that RUGA could have on our nation if adopted? The pros and cons of economic effects are as stated below.
ECONOMIC EFFECTS; (PROS AND CONS) (BENEFITS AND DEMERITS)
Provision of manufacturing entities that will process and add more value to animal products.
Employment opportunities in states who have volunteered to participate in the project.
Long term conflict between herders and land owners whilst establishing a domain resulting from fear that they could get to dominate and own their lands.
Adequate pasture and water will be provided within the RUGA settlement instead of the herders to keep scavenging for it.
Eradication of open grazing in animals as it poses threats to farmers should they trespass.
Reduction in inter-conflicts between farmers and herders.
Increased animal protection to increase quality of Livestock and its products.
Towards the demerits of the said economic effects, there are proposed solutions to help perfect the initiative:
THE WAY FORWARD (ACTUAL AND PROPOSED SOLUTIONS)
Lease of land: The community especially land owners are scared of Fulanis taking over their lands, permanently. The whole show can best be avoided If the lands are leased to them for a period of time as it will be easy to cancel the project should crisis surfaces.
Principle of crime and punishment- During the previous administration when this principle was applied it called for an ethnic balance yielding from a resolution between the management of herdsmen and farmers in which an invasion causes punishment in accordance on the side of the culprit.
Provision of loans: An influence on central bank of Nigeria by the government to provide loans for states in northern Nigeria to build cattle ranches for modern processing of beef which would then be transported nationwide as beef rather than cattle rearing.
Dialogue: Hearing out, dialogue, one-on-one conversation are skillful ways of avoiding future occurrences in conflicts. Before punishing an invader, he deserves to give reasons for his actions. This would call for necessary savages as well as preventions.
In conclusion, as much as we have merits and demerits of RUGA, the proposed solutions could salvage situations to prevent a dismal outing, maintaining peace and harmony in the community and Nigeria at large.
Hold up please, did Hastom just say you should not look the way of Agriculture. Trust me, you didn’t just hear some blasphemy. Facts, figures and real life instances attest to the headline and if you don’t get these three issues thoroughly addressed, your best bet is to leave you cash stashed up wherever they are or save them up in some financial institutions where you get billed for keeping them. You want to know why, its because, no one buys insurance when he needs it.
Statistics prove that 35% to 65% investments into agriculture fail on a scale of 100. It gives a 1000 reasons why you shouldn’t look into agriculture, however, there are basic yet important factors to consider to maximize this venture. In this blog post, we would talk about the 3 main reasons that encapsulates the 1000, as much as we would discuss what to avoid doing. Stay with me.
- Excess funds: Mr. Adewale works in a multinational oil company, he’s got an enviable monthly income. But, however he’s tired of the status quo_Late nights and early mornings and he wants to spend more time with his family, at the same time, he needs as much income as his salary. Then he chose the best alternative, agriculture, settling for the branch of agriculture with quick turnover returns in 3 months or 6 months at maximum of the venture immediately after his resignation.
Day old chicks were bought from a recommended poultry farm to be raised by Baba Isiaka who raise 500 chicks across the neighborhood. The building was not properly disinfected; the vaccination schedule was not adequately administered, leading to an outbreak of viral diseases and mass death. At 3 weeks old, more than half of the birds are gone, continuing morning and night of each day. Now it was time to shift blames; But you had the experience, I provided the resources needed and more. Your birds don’t die like this; you’re just been wicked says; “Mr. Adewale”. I had the experience of 500 birds not 10,000, this is my first time of handling such a huge number pleaded; “Baba Isiaka”. He had the resources and wants to start big but he didn’t have the agricultural financial literacy to divert his funds and he ended up losing.
In the essence of agriculture, a proper balance is stricken when inputs are low and outputs are high, Mr. Adewale lost a lot of money due to his lack of financial knowledge in agriculture. His excessive funds would have brought huge returns on investment into agriculture and a session with an agro-consultant with solid experience could have prevented the dismal outing.
- Knowledge and Experience: “Agriculture is bae.” “Agriculture is a fast way to make money while sleeping in your bedroom.” “Agriculture is a way to make your money work for you.” These are lies of the 21st But do you know these “lies” can be made as real as your finger prints? Are you surprised? Knowledge has pushed a lot of farmers’ and investors into bushes and profits. Let’s have all the cards on the table here.
Either you come down to the workers’ level in the farming process or make someone work it out for you. You don’t want to spend long hours monitoring farm labourers’ in the hot sun, do you? You don’t want to sleep overnight in your farm to have mosquitoes feed on you. But, how do you know when the seed drills are correct? Are you aware of the most appropriate planting seasons? Do you know the exact favorable conditions for maximal growth? Did the “farm manager” idea just pop into your mind? Do you think they will manage your farm like it’s theirs? How do you even know/ get an experienced, seasoned farm manager? Do you know that it requires efficient technical know-how to execute all machinery operations on farmland? From purchase of tractor to other farm implements like harrow, and plough. How about planters and harvesters? How then do you know the best type of tractor to buy? And other farm implements to be coupled to it? How do you optimize input for maximum output at the best affordable price available? You need an experienced machine operator for the farm machinery or in the least seasoned individuals attuned to the agricultural terrain you plan to take. What is the best way out? Look for experts who will manage your farm, perfectly. Have an expert tend your farm while you go on vacation in Miami or Paris.
- Get Rich Quick Syndrome: Yes, in the next 3 months, my capital must multiply by 200%, the 50 acres of land must have yielded 1,325 tonnes after harvest and my farm must bring returns on inputs. The inputs must be 20% while the outputs are 80%, wait a bit, can you be more realistic?
Most contract-farmers are after how much they can gain from you, there are only a selective few that would help manage inputs to more outputs, mostly, their pitch is definitely to appeal to your ears, only.
Investments in agriculture with focus on returns, only is a pathway to losses, agriculture is and would never be a means to an end. Ever wondered why some farms just hit the roof in no time and disappear into thin air before you say Jack Robinson? You get into this ever lucrative venture with only the profits and yields in mind, or probably because testimonials, statistical projections google supplied or even business account sheets of blossoming Agricultural firms and you think, you’ve got the money yielding tree with no tending operations required, then you have got it all wrong from the get go.
With the end in mind, the process ought to be considered. We have the pre-planting, planting and post-planting operations to think about. How do we input farm labour, operate machinery and do overall management to a profitable level? These are to be put in place before we talk about profits or return on investments.
At Hastom Nigeria, agriculture is not just a profession but a lifestyle, an age-long culture we are rightly positioned to revive, resuscitate and stabilize as a development tool to the nation and world’s economy at large through provision of arable farmlands to all, making improved crop varieties and animal breeds readily available, providing investment opportunities with unbeatable ROI and most importantly, propagating the gospel of absentee farming. We take the management worries off you and make you a proud farmer, your busy profession or distant geographical locations notwithstanding. Also, maximizing every bit of the cashew value chain is our forte with over a thousand acres of continuous cashew cultivation, and almost an equivalent farmland belonging to and managed for various clients across national borders. We have got an impeccable record of top management practices by well trained personnel providing both administrative and on-site support.
Conclusively, here’s the candid advice you might want to consider. Before you watch your hard earned resources plummet right before your eyes and you go about cussing this cherished profession, you might need to check if your motives are right in the first place, acquire the requisite knowledge and seek the help of seasoned professionals to help make judicious use of your “abundant” resources.
Let your Agro-business have the adept touch of Hastom, today and you will be glad you did.
For further inquiries, kindly reach us via any of the media provided below.
Hastom Green city is located at Baba Eko Village, Oriire Local Government Area, Ògbómòsó, Oyo State, Nigeria.
[email protected] +2348163013001, +2348123235949, and +2349021338277.
– HOW PROFITABLE IS BEEF IN THE MARKET?
Beef is the most commonly consumed meat in Nigeria, currently about 3.6 million cattle are slaughtered annually in Nigeria and 360,000 tons of beef consumed per year. Lagos alone slaughters over 6000 cattle daily with business persons conveying cattle to Lagos from the North making as much as 7 million naira per trip. The combined value of the cattle and beef Industry is $200 billion; this insinuates that beef has a ready-made market, coupled with fact that cattle can be used for many purposes including meat, milk, leather and labor.
– WHY INVESTING IN CATTLE
✓ To localize revenue generated from Cattle farming
✓ Cattle farming is the most profitable part of livestock farming, due to its ready-made market.
✓ Cattle has high feed to meat ratio of any livestock.
✓ Cattle are resilient with the lowest livestock mortality rate.
– WHAT IS THE READINESS OF THE SELLING MARKET? HOW QUICKLY DO THE COWS GET SOLD?
Beef has a ready-made market of its own, and is just a call away.
ABOUT CATTLE INVESTMENT PLAN
– WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I GET AFTER PAYMENT?
A Memorandum of Understanding duly signed, together with any other legal documents as deemed by your Lawyer
– HOW MANY COWS CAN BE INVESTED IN?
Minimum of 1 cow and maximum of 500 cows
– HOW MUCH IS IT PER COW?
An average sized cow cost 80,000 naira which includes transportation fee and other logistics.
– WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE INVESTMENT?
As the price of cow doubles every 12 months, the investment runs for a cycle of only 12 months, after which the Cycle can be repeated based on the decision of the Investor to continue if not satisfied yet with the size of the cow.
– WHAT IS THE COST OF REARING AFTER THE INITIAL 12 MONTHS?
Same cost as the initial 12 months will be repeated.
– DOES THE REARING COST REDUCE FOR AN INVESTMENT OF MORE THAN ONE COW?
It is at a fixed rate and constant, the more the cow, the more the work and inputs.
– WHERE WILL THE CATTLE BE CATERED FOR?
Hastom Nigeria has a private grazing land that can comfortably house over 1000 cattle, with streams and dependable water sources, which is located at Baba Eko Village, Oriire local government, Oyo state.
– WHO ARE THE PEOPLE BEING USED TO CATER FOR THE CATTLE?
We have our own highly experienced team, with various specialties on cattle rearing.
– WHO DECIDES WHAT IS TO BE DONE WITH THE COW?
The decision of what to do with the cattle is 100% yours, at full maturity of your cattle, you can sell the cattle yourself or we help sell if you want us to, however Hastom Nigeria owns 6.5% stake of every stock committed to our care.
– WHAT KIND OF CATTLE IS ACCEPTED?
Both Bull (male) and Cow (Female) are accepted for rearing.
– IS THE COST OF A MALE COW THE SAME AS A FEMALE COW?
Yes, the cost of rearing and management are the same.
– IN THE ADVENT OF THE DEATH OF THE CATTLE, WHAT BECOMES OF THE INVESTMENT
All cattle will be insured by our Special Cattle Protection Plan, 2% fee will be deducted from every investment to cater for this insurance.
– WHAT MEASURES DO YOU HAVE IN PLACE TO PROTECT MY INVESTMENT?
1. We have an insurance set up in place, in case of any sudden occurrence
2. Your cattle will be placed alongside other cattle to form a pack, which of course increases the rate of security.
3. The ranch itself is totally secured and located in peaceful environment.
– WHAT IS THE GUARANTEE THAT THIS INVESTMENT IS NOT A FLY BY NIGHT BUSINESS?
We assure you that this is a 100% venture that we are committed to achieving. Hastom Nigeria is a registered Limited Liability Company and has been in the agricultural business for as long as 8 years. We have been in the cattle rearing business for a while and have assisted people in rearing cows; we just came up with this idea to accommodate people who are interested in our short term business. We are also known for our other successful investment packages such as our Cashew-Cassava Investment Plan and Yam Investment Package, as well as other agricultural activities such as sale of farmlands amongst others.
– DOES THE INVESTMENT INVOLVE A CALF OR AN AVERAGE CATTLE
We have a size that we deal in and buy, and if the Calves are brought by investors themselves, we check them if they meet the required size. In case a baby calf is brought, it would be alongside the mother cow for easy nurturing.
– WHAT IF THE FEMALE COW GIVES BIRTH?
So long the mother cow is present; we rear to maturity alongside the mother for the cycle period of the 12 months
– IS THE MANAGEMENT FEE OF A NEW CALF SAME AS THAT OF A MATURED ONE?
Yes, it is the same.
– HOW LONG IS THE TURNAROUND TIME? WHAT IS THE DURATION TO FULL SIZE OF THE CATTLE BEFORE THEY ARE SOLD?
The investment runs on a normal cycle of 12 months, because some investors cannot wait long enough to cash out. Of course the Cow would have doubled in size to when it was initially bought and will be sold based on its size. But an investor can decide and how long and is open to repeat the cycle owing to the level of maturity and size of the cow.
– WHAT IS THE EXPECTED PROFIT?
Total cost – 114,500.00
Project Revenue – 160,000.00
Projected profit – 45,500.00
Hastom Admin Fee 6.5% – 10,400.00
Total Net Projected Profit – 35,100.00
– WHAT HAPPENS IF AT THE END OF MY 8-12 MONTHS INVESTMENT, YOU STILL HAVEN’T SOLD ALL MY CATTLE?
We have a ready-made market for this, and as soon as it reaches time, they will be duly sold. Arrangement has also been made for buyers to come to the ranch to buy directly and in even in the presence of the investor if they so request, and also we also allow Investor to take charge of the cow if they so wishes as it is their own property.
– WHAT OTHER MEASURES ARE BEING PUT IN PLACE TO IMPROVE THE INVESTMENT?
We are already in talks with companies like WAMPCO towards a partnership on artificial insemination and diary.
– WHAT IS THE MODE OF OPERTION
There will be a Memorandum of Agreement stating every details as well as the terms and conditions and will serve as what guides both parties in the joint venture.
– WHO PROVIDES THE COW?
You bring your cow or we help you buy a good breed for rearing.
– WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CASE OF A FEMALE COW?
In the case of Female cow, we own 6.5% of the calf after each birth of the mother cow, what becomes or is to be done with the Calf thereafter is decided by the Investor.
– THE 6.5% IS FROM THE WORTH OF THE COW AND DIFFERENT FROM THE REARING COST?
HOW MANY CALVES DO THEY GIVE BIRTH TO AVERAGELY?
Just one calf annually, but two on rear occasions.
– WHEN DOES THE INVESTMENT TAKE EFFECT
7 days after payment and signing of the Memorandum of Agreement.
– HOW IS THE PAYMENT MODE?
All payments are to be made upfront
– IN THE ADVENT OF THE PURCHASE OF THE INVESTED COW, WHO HANDLES THE TRANSPORTAION?
The purchase price for the cow includes the cost of transportation and other logistics fees.
– HOW CAN AN INVESTOR GET ON BOARD?
You can start by sending a notification of interest to [email protected] , after which details of the package will be sent to you. Having accepted and consenting to the terms and arrangement of the plan, a memorandum of understanding will be signed following an upfront payment.
– HAVE PEOPLE SIGNED UP FOR THIS IN THE PAST?
We have been in the cattle business for a while and have had course to work with people
and rear their cattle. This investment idea is a new development put in place by Hastom
Nigeria. It is a New Joint Venture set up to allow more people to benefit from the goldmine in the cattle business. As such this investment commences on the 14th of January 2019.
ABOUT HASTOM NIGERIA
WHAT IS HASTOM NIGERIA ALL ABOUT?
Hastom Global Services Limited is an agricultural real estate company with the main objective of maximizing the potentials of agriculture. Our interests include;
1. Acquisition and sales of farmlands
3. Crop and livestock farming
5. Commodity trading
– IS HASTOM NIGERIA A REGISTERED COMPANY AND DO THEY HAVE A LOCATION?
Yes, Hastom Global Services is a registered company, and is located at Suite 18, Ajagungbade complex, High court road, Ogbomosho, Oyo state.
– WHAT OTHER INVESTMENT DOES HASTOM NIGERIA RUN?
1. Cashew-Cassava Investment
2. Yam Investment and other agricultural services.
– WHAT IS YOUR CAC NUMBER
For every man or Human Being I know, generating income is a very important goal, every man always sort after generating income or revenue for himself, like that popular anthem by Victor AD, “If we no make money, wetin we gain.” But I am here to tell you (and show you how), that you can generate for yourself an income, not just anyhow income o, steady and constant rising income for at least 50 years.
With the way things are currently going, we have had people who do more than one Job, just to earn and increase their income rate. People are now taking up extra jobs, after their normal work just to make ends meet. We have people who have morning Job, Afternoon job, some even take Night job. You can imagine going through all this stress just to make money, and boost your income rate. Nigerians especially, we know how to adapt to suffering and hardship, which shouldn’t be so, life can be easier for all of us, if only we can turn towards the right direction.
I cannot begin to mention the things we all do for wealth creation, it’s what we all see every day, like a friend of mine will say, confusion everywhere. But ladies and gentlemen, like they use to say again, what you are looking for in Sokoto is simply under your ‘Sokoto’ (trousers).
How can you ease yourself of all the necessary stress of taking up several jobs and other things, INVEST. When you invest, you buy yourself a day that you don’t have to work anymore; you plan to be your own boss.
Did someone say Invest in what? Am not talking about all these savings investment or stock stuff that you are always skeptical that it might crash one day, am talking about an Investment that is constant and doesn’t crash like the stock exchange, an investment that doesn’t fluctuate like Dollar to Naira exchange rate, in that irrespective of whatever happens to you or these country, your investment is still there.
Have you heard of Real Estate Agriculture? Yea, am talking of a combo of Agriculture and Real Estate. You buy a piece land; you all know a land doesn’t depreciate now. Instead of spending money building houses that will still cost you fortune to maintain later on, you invest that land into farm plantation that will generate you a life-time wealth.
How can you go about this? Hastom Nigeria is an Agricultural Real Estate Company, and has come up with a Cashew-Cassava Plantation Investment opportunity.
How to invest is simple:
. Put a Call through to Hastom Nigeria to discuss about investing
· We have a detailed investment plan or package ready to suit your capabilities, which can be requested by you in other to go through the details of how it is going to run, so you are already aware of how the process will go on before it even begins, isn’t that splendid.
· After going through the details, you can request for a site tour, to probably see the Farm site, which comprises of our Farm and that of other Investors.
· You invest by buying a minimum of 10 acres of our plantation (Farm).
· With just 75% payment, the entire plantation can be set up for you in your name.
It’s as simple as stated above. Let’s make this happen, click link to also learn more https://hastomnigeria.com/how-to-become-rich-within-three-years/
How about if I tell you that it is possible for you to become rich, afford that your dream car or dream house, all within three years, even while still working under someone else or for the government and even as just a normal salary earner. What if I tell you that in three years you can double your income, accumulate wealth and attain the biggest net worth of your life? Yea, life could be easy, if only you make it to be. How about if I tell you that all am saying, is only going to be made possible with Agriculture.
Okay pause a bit and relax, the fact I said Agriculture doesn’t necessarily mean you have to get yourself dirty with soil before you get rich, I get the gist that you are white collar person, and that’s where the uniqueness or difference of what am actually talking about sets in.
You want me to go straight to the point now, agriculture is vague I know, what if I tell you that the key to what am talking about is in “Cashew-Cassava Investment.” – Now just hold on and relax, you have made it this far because you really needed the key to your financial breakthrough, now is not the time to lose focus and miss out on the most important points.
It’s a simple fact you need to know, Cashew is a cash crop, meaning it’s a money crop for you, and Cassava you should know is a fast selling crop, the combo of which should hold you tight and interest you.
Now let me give you 5focal points from this Investment that in think should appeal to you:
. 25% – 100% – In this investment, it will amaze you to know that you don’t have to wait long, as within your first year of investing; you make between 25 to 100% of your invested capital back. Not bad right? See the second point then.
· WORKING CLASS: This might particularly interest you, because you probably fall in this category. The uniqueness of this investment is that you don’t have to worry about planning your time with your current job, or how to manage working at your office and agriculture together, Hastom Nigeria has got you covered for you. So you are able to spend less time on management and therefore profitable for working class individuals.
· LONG-LIFE SPAN: Everyone is always concerned about how long it will last, as some investments only last a period of time, well am delighted to tell you this investment is not one of them. You are guaranteed at least 50 years of constant money making, as a cashew tree has the potential of lasting for 50 years, and as it grows in years, the more the increase in its fruiting which is equals to the more the increase in your cash out. Okay you are permitted to lick your lips on this one.
· SECURITY: I understand that the security of your investment is important, it is definitely important, especially to us at Hastom Nigeria. But put your mind at rest. For a fact, your farm is located along a major road, along with other farms as well, we have also gone the extra length to secure and arrangement and agreements with the people of the community in which the farm is located. Fulani Herdsmen? Nothing like that. Plus your plantation is insured, so keep calm and make money.
· LOW RISK: With just 75% payment required for the investment, the entire plantation would all be set up in your name. It’s just like that.
Time to make money; Make the move; Press the trigger.
It’s another October 1st – celebrating our 58th year of gaining independence from our colonial masters. I think instead of celebrating, we get to think how truly independent we are, and am pretty sure this forms the basis fir what must be lingering in our minds. In the actual sense if it, we are actually free from the shackles of our colonial masters, but the argument of whether we are still having effects or aftermaths and signs from the past, is one that keeps re-occurring every now and then, and on days like this, the arguments cannot but surface. We get to sit and think, and check every aspects, if truly we are independent. The President’s routine October 1st address should shed more light on this. Even if we all agree that we have gained independence from our British Colonial Masters, are we not colonized among st ourselves, even in how we govern ourselves, recent happenings might help us think otherwise.
While the notion of us as a Nation being independent is still in comma, and might run through the day, let’s talk about us as individuals – Our Independence. Check yourself in every aspect, how independent are you?
One of such independence as individuals is our financial independence, which of course is paramount. Financial Independence being a state of living in which you don’t have to work in order to earn an Income and you feel very secure about in that state for many, many years. Ideally for the rest of your lives.
It’s clear that you can’t rely on the government for financial independence, you are rather colonized by the government, thus the need for your independence. You have to sought your own independence. You need to take care of your own financial future. It’s incumbent on each and everyone of us to take care of our own future.
“The rich invest their money and spend what is left; the poor spend their money and invest what is left.” – Jim Rohn
Don’t wait, individuals often wait to begin investing because they think their accounts are to small. Nonsense, the sooner you start, the sooner your Independence, the sooner you will become financially secure, it’s that simple.
Platforms are readily available to aid this, one of which is the Cashew – Cassava Investment Plan – key to your financial independence today. Make use of our platform and contact us for your independence today.
As each day goes by, the cashew business is growing, and looks set to continue in growth as long as the earth continues to complete its rotation. The cashew industry globally is not only growing but seeking towards expansion and diversifying. In Europe, consumers are willing to spend more for quality foods as they are seeking new cashew products due to its increased health awareness and nutritional facts. The world is awakening to what cashew really has to offer. There are reports that the US Cashew consumption increased in 2017 when compared with 2016, Growth is seen in cashew milk, cashew butter, health awareness among consumer is creating space for lot of newer products in the markets. In Indian state of Gujarat, 30,000 tons of RCN are currently being processed and their goal is to achieve 200,000 tons of RCN processed in the next 3 years making Gujarat a good market for broken cashews.
In Africa, according to Mr. Mahesh Patel, “3% increase in local processing of RCN in Africa will boost the household income of Africa by at least $100 million.” In 2017, Nigeria RCN exports exceeded 220,000 tons as against 160, 000 exported in 2016. In 2018, Nigeria’s RCN crop size is projected to increase by 10% to 242,000 according to NCAN. There’s also an expectation that RCN production in the country should have increased to 500,000MT by 2025. The government, through the ministry of Agriculture also hopes to develop a cashew processing capacity of 70% of the total production.
There’s an ongoing project on how de-oiled cashew shell cake could be utilized for electricity generation as we are aware that 70% of RCN by weight is from cashew shell. This just explains the potential embedded in this cashew and how it is expanding and diversifying.
There’s no better time to invest in the cashew business than now, judging by the constant increase in demand over supply across the world. In 2017, Vietnamese traders faced lots of problems while importing RCN due to subsequent deterioration of the quality of imported RCN when the demand increased. Therefore, the opportunity isn’t just in investing in cashew biz, but investing in the right type of cashew.
For more information on how to invest in the cashew business, visit the investment plan on the home page.